Lifting Loads with Tie Boss *
- Attach head hook to sturdy location (separate from load). Select locations that will support weight when lifted. Remember a workload secured with Tie Boss Tie Down will only be as strong as to what the hooks are attached.
- Attach tail hook to a sturdy area of load.
- TO SET: Pull free rope until desired tension is obtained. Hold tension and lower rope into teeth to automatically lock rope in place. Tie Boss recommends tying a double half hitch under lock tab for extra security Lduring transit or storage.
- TO LOCK: Always secure rope by locking it under LOCK Tab
- TO RELEASE: Ensure that you are strong enough to support the released workload, that release will not result in a dangerous shift in load and that area below a lifted item is clear. Remove rope from under LOCK Tab. Grip rope and pull with more tension / weight than load and lift it out of teeth at a 45 degree angle, lower/release load by allowing rope to pass through Tie Boss Tie Down.
- When releasing large loads, belay/wrap pull rope around fixed object to control load.
* To Lift Loads Easier add Tie Boss Pulleys
Adding 1 pulley provides a 2 to 1 mechanical advantage (i.e. 100 lbs. feels like 50 lbs). Adding 2 pulleys provides a 3 to 1 mechanical advantage (i.e. 150 lbs. feels like 50 lbs).